Friday, July 25, 2014

Normal Kid Problems

A couple of years ago I posted that if only my kid would be better, would get over PANDAS, I would never again complain about anything. Ha. What a short memory I have.

Because there I was stressing over my kid and some decisions he is making about things. Worrying and stressing and not knowing how to deal with my feelings about it.

And then I remembered. Oh, he doesn't have PANDAS anymore.

This is a normal healthy child problem! How lucky am I? How incredible and even unpredictable, and absolutely fortunate am I to have a kid who is healthy, going to college with a full scholarship and able to make any decisions - good bad or otherwise- about whatever is related to that??

SO FREAKING LUCKY.

Every day I hear and see people that would give anything - and have given everything already - IF ONLY their child could have a normal life.

Well, it shut me up, at least for the time being.

Am I still worried? YES YES YES

Am I stressed and complaining about it? Not so much. I'm not even resisting it as much, I'm engaging on a better more accepting level, regardless of the outcome.

Because my child is well. He is going to college as a healthy normal kid making possibly bad decisions but at least he gets to make them.

We are lucky. And I have to trust that life will somehow continue to take care of him. And me.

Of us.

oh gosh there is that faith thing again. I am rebuilding faith, am I not?

I pray that YOU and YOUR CHILD will be this lucky, that you get to stress over where he or she will live and with whom, when they go off to college or wherever they want to be going. Normal child problems, bring'em on.

No comments:

Post a Comment