Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Holding My Breath....

OK, Lance is at school for almost 2 weeks, and he has a sinus infection. OK, that's normal, but sinus infections are not good for PANDAS kids.

Ever since Dr. Dritan Agalliu from UC Irvine presented his mouse model at the Northeast Conference last November - of how the strep actually breaks through the blood brain barrier by penetrating from the infected sinus directly into the brain - I am very suspect of and aggressive with treating sinus infections in PANDAS children.

So now he's at school, and I'm here, like 500 miles away, unable to personally assess his situation.

And it should be fine. I sent him some colloidal silver sinus spray to use which he should definitely receive by tomorrow, and he's been using salt water neti pots twice a day in the meantime, and I know that helps.

but still, it does scare me. I haven't asked him if he has any tics, I'm afraid to ask him. I think he would tell me if he's having a problem. This is likely a normal thing, a sinus infection, and it will go away, and he'll move on without anxiety or tics or any of the other related stuff. Right???

So I'm feeling some of that familiar worry, I haven't felt it in awhile. Is his blood brain barrier strong, and healed? Or is it not? I will certainly find out, soon. And i can only think, although I feel anxious about it, I have to believe that he will be fine, he's already proven that he's fine. Right???

I think as time goes by, and he gets routine illnesses like this and doesn't flare, I will simply forget to worry. Is that possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment